12 August 2022
Recipe: Sodium Bicarbonate Pancakes
Discover how to use our sodium bicarbonate in a pancake recipe. A recipe tested and approved by our teams themselves!
Sodium bicarbonate and its leavening power
Thanks to its leavening properties, Sodium Bicarbonate can be used for bakery market to formulate pancakes for example.
The leavening power is linked to CO2 release. When pancakes are cooked, the thermal decomposition of sodium bicarbonate appears and produces CO2. The result? Pancakes as soft as you like!
Soft pancake recipe
Follow the recipe below to make homemade pancakes and treat the whole family.
Ingredients (10-15 pancakes):
- Sodium bicarbonate (BC P from Novacarb or Fine Grade from Novabay) - 2/3 tablespoons
- Flour – 150g
- White sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Egg - 1
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 200 mL
- Mix egg and sugar together in a bowl, add oil and mix
- In an other bowl, mix flour and sodium bicarbonate together
- Mix half of the second bowl with the first bowl
- Add the milk little by little in the fist bowl and mix
- Add the rest of the second bowl in the first bowl and mix
- Oil the pan and heat the pan (medium heat)
- Thanks to a little ladle, deposit a "round" of paste on the pan
- When the bubbles appear and burst, turn the pancake and do not leave more than 1 min on the other side