Recipe: Powder toothpaste
Discover how to make your own powdered toothpaste with our baking soda, a practical and ideal format to carry when you travel.
Sodium bicarbonate: the essential ingredient in toothpaste
When mixed with saliva, sodium bicarbonate acts as an alkaline pH buffer. It neutralizes plaque acids which contain bacteria responsible for bad breath. Furthermore, as a smooth abrasive powder, sodium bicarbonate helps clean teeth without damaging the gingiva, enamel or dentin.
Make your own powder toothpaste
Follow our recipe to create powder toothpaste!
- Sodium bicarbonate (BC P from Novacarb or Fine Grade from Novabay) - 3 tablespoons
- White clay – 6 tablespoons
- Mint essential oil – around 15 drops
- Add all the ingredients to a mortar
- Grind all the ingredients thanks to a pestle until an homogeneous mixture
- Transfer the formula into a jar with lid
To use this formula, slightly humidify the toothbrush to allow the adhesion of a thin layer of toothpaste on it.