Recipe: Fizzy bath powder
Humens team proposes you a recipe of fizzy bath powder with our sodium bicarbonate manufactured on our production sites.
Sodium bicarbonate, the main ingredient
Sodium bicarbonate can be used to produce effervescence thanks to its reaction with an acid agent (citric acid for instance) which releases CO2. This property can be useful to create formulas of fizzy bath powder or bath bomb, the effervescence helps the dissolution of powder and offers a feeling of well-being.
Sodium bicarbonate is also a water softener. As an antiscaling agent, it reduces water hardness for efficient, relaxing cleaning: the skin is softer and more relaxed, without a dried-out feeling.
Make your own fizzy bath powder
#DoItYourself : Follow our recipe to create fizzy bath powder!
- Sodium bicarbonate (BC P from Novacarb or Fine grade from Novabay) - 4 tablespoons
- Citric acid (powder) – 3 tablespoons
- Maize starch - 6 tablespoons
- Lavender essential oil – A few drops
- Add the 3 powders to a recipient and mix until even
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix until even
Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of this effervescent powder in your bath water.